Whether the weather debate is true or not, man IS making a contribution to the polluting of Mother Earth and Carbon Capture and Sequestration is an experiment that is paid for largely by tax dollars....an experiment that comes with a lot of risks.
The purpose of this blog is not to hash out whether global warming is real or a scam - it's here to help others doing their own independent research on CO2 sequestration so they can form their own educated opinion.
Click here to read the article
"UPDATED: Can NASA's New Climate Detective Find the Missing Carbon Dioxide?"We're missing a whole lot of carbon dioxide. Scientists can measure how much CO2 human and nonhuman activities pump into our atmosphere, and they know how much carbon dioxide contributes to global warming as a greenhouse gas. Because Earth is absorbing more carbon dioxide than climatologists predicted, the planet isn't heating up as quickly as it could be, despite recent, unanticipated escalations in carbon emissions worldwide. That extra CO2 is hiding somewhere, and tomorrow from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, NASA will launch a brand-new observatory dedicated to finding it—the Orbiting Carbon Observatory.
Only 40 percent of the carbon humans have emitted since 1750—a whopping 466 billion tons—remains in the atmosphere. The destination of the remaining 60 percent CO2 vexes atmospheric researchers. "We can't figure out exactly where it's going," says Mike Miller, vice president of science and technology satellite programs for Orbital Sciences, which built the observatory. The missing portion presumably has been absorbed by carbon sinks, Miller says—oceans and land-based vegetation that sequester, or take in, carbon from the atmosphere. "It's the way the Earth breathes," Millers says. About half of the missing carbon has been traced to the oceans, but scientists have an incomplete understanding of how land sequesters the other half. If the observatory can locate the missing carbon sinks, he says, it could not only help climate modelers more accurately predict how fast the Earth will warm, but it would indicate which natural areas are in need of the greatest protection.
The rest of the article..........
Another interesting read - Geoengineering and the New Climate Denialism